Tips for February National Children’s Dental Health Month
Fellow of the Academy of Dentistry International Releases Tips for February National Children’s Dental Health Month
Dr. Marvin A. Fier shares dental tips as public service to area residents
POMONA, N.Y. – Dr. Marvin Fier distributed valuable dental health tips during the month of February – National Children’s Dental Health Month through many venues to benefit the public. Dr. Fier will be airing tips, daily on WRCR radio, 1300 AM, speaking publicly and sharing information on his web site.
Dr. Fier aired tips that assist parents in initiating good oral health habits. Tips include healthy habits for expectant mothers, early oral hygiene in infants, first visits to the dentist and adolescent and teen teeth and gum maintenance.
Dr. Fier is conducting a month-long contest for visitors of his web site. A free teeth-whitening process/system – valued at more than $600 will be awarded to the winner. Just log on and enter your contact information at www.SmileRockland.com. A diplomate of the American Board of Aesthetic Dentistry, a Fellow of the International Academy of Dental-Facial Esthetics and a Fellow of the Academy of Dentistry International, Fier recommends the following basics for good dental hygiene:
- Beginning with the expectant mother, good nutritional habits can contribute towards healthy gums in infants, and avoid gingivitis in newborns
- Baby bottle syndrome can be avoided by simply wiping the infant’s gums clean after feeding with a clean soft cloth, or switching to a water bottle at bedtime
- Studies show that children who drink fluoridated water from birth have up to 65% fewer cavities and by the time they become teenagers, many of them still have no tooth decay
- Only a pea size amount of toothpaste should be used and early teeth brushing should be supervised by an adult
- Children should be able to floss by themselves by the age of 8 years old
- Sealant may be recommended by your dentist to avoid tooth decay. A sealant is a thin plastic coating applied to the chewing surfaces of the teeth. This is typically recommended for children who frequents sweet snacks and have had a history of poor dental hygiene
Additional dental tips can be found on www.SmileRockland.com.
“I enjoy imparting knowledge that benefits others,” stated Dr. Fier at a recent Public School PTA presentation, “I know that good habits instituted at an early age prevent dental problems and can set the stage for a more confident and successful grown up.”
Dr. Fier speaks to dentists worldwide. Speaking later this spring at NYU College of Dentistry International Program, Dr. Fier’s lecture is entitled, “Aesthetic and Restorative Dentistry.” Admired by his peers in the dental profession, Dr. Fier is often asked to share the profession’s latest trends and methods. Fier is scheduled to speak domestically in Georgia and abroad in Denmark later this year.
Based in Pomona, NY, Dr. Marvin Fier, DDS has practiced dentistry in Rockland County for more than 30 years. To learn more about Dr. Fier’s cosmetic, family and implant dentistry visit www.RocklandNYDentist.com or call (845) 354-4300. His practice is located in the Pomona Professional Plaza at 972 Route 45, in Pomona, NY.